You don’t want 2019 to be a repeat of 2018. God wants to takes us from glory unto glory. He is a God of increase, expansion and overflow. There is a pathway that God has set in His Word that guarentees that we will walk in what Heaven has for our life.
We would like to invite YOU to fast and pray with us for 21 days in January. We hear amazing testimonies of what God has done throughout each year in peoples lives as a result of our time in fasting and prayer. We don’t want you to miss a single thing.
• The Fast starts 6AM on January 2nd, Ends on January 22nd at 6PM.
• This is a 6AM to 6PM fast.
• From 6AM-6PM you may drink any low-calorie liquid, including water.
• After 6PM, until the next day, you can eat whatever you like.
• This fast is based off the Book of Judges where they fasted until evening.
• Make a list of what you are believing God for in 2019, Each week, or day could represent a prayer point. Some people take a week to pray for their family, a week for personal requests, and a week for their ministry/business.
• This is not just a fast, it’s fasting and PRAYER. Take time to pray everyday 🙂
• People with medical conditions such as diabetes, or ladies who are pregnant are exempt from this fast, but are welcome to join us in daily prayer.
• Let this be a time of spiritual hunger and thirst where you draw near to God!
What Fasting Does.
Are you ready to receive the rewards of fasting? Fasting subdues the flesh, fasting brings revelation, and fasting leads to deliverance. Fasting unto God is worth the sacrifice! Take the time to get before God. Separate yourself from the things of the world and embark on a spiritual fast. Your rewards will be priceless!
1. THE PROMISE OF AN OPEN REWARD
Jesus said in Matt 6, “When you fast”, not “If you fast”. Jesus expects us, as Believers to fast. In fact he said in Luke 5 that after He ascended into Heaven, His disciples WOULD fast. Jesus also said in Matt 6 that what is done is secret will be rewarded openly. The Father sees everything.
Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God. – Acts 10:30-31
2. YOUR HEALTH WILL SPRING FORTH SPEEDILY
Even medical science has confirmed that fasting has physical benefits.
Isaiah 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily…
3. LOOSE THE BANDS OF THE WICKED – DELIVERANCE
“Is this not the fast I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness….” Isaiah 58:6
4. SUBDUES YOUR FLESH
“The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” –Matthew 26:41
Eating is the strongest impulse that your flesh has. Fasting literally means “to cover your mouth” as to not eat. “Fasting” social media or television is not Biblical fasting and does not produce the same rewards as actual fasting.
One very important thing that fasting does is that it will weaken your flesh to the lowest point, while building up your spirit-man through prayer to its highest point. This will cause you to be more sensitive to the voice of God, and the leading of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit communicates with your spirit, not your flesh. The less you are “flesh-led”, the more you’ll be “Spirit-led”
5. SUPERNATURAL DIRECTION
One day as these men were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Appoint Barnabas and Saul for the special work to which I have called them.” So after more fasting and prayer, the men laid their hands on them and sent them on their way. – Acts 13:2-3
6. INCREASES THE POWER OF GOD ON YOUR LIFE
Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered…. And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. – Luke 4:2;14